Kinesiology“Acupressure, emotional stress release, counselling and more”!
|Initial Consultation (90 mins)||$150|
|Standard Consultation (60 mins)||$105|
What Is Kinesiology?
A fundamental premise of Kinesiology is that the body has innate healing energy and is doing its best to care for itself, but sometimes needs assistance to achieve this state. Used in the complementary health or natural medicine field, kinesiology is defined primarily as the use of muscle testing to identify imbalances in the bodys structural, chemical, emotional or other energy, to establish the body’s priority healing needs, and to evaluate energy changes brought about by a broad spectrum of both manual and non-manual therapeutic procedures. Kinesiology may be understood as a system of natural health care which combines muscle monitoring with the principles of Chinese medicine to assess energy and body function, applying a range of gentle yet powerful healing techniques to improve health, wellbeing and vitality. Kinesiology is the most comprehensive and most holistic of the modern natural therapies, and combines the wisdom of both eastern and western traditions. Kinesiology:
- Is a feedback tool that enables a person to assess and upgrade their performance in all areas of health
- Is the science of energy balancing and is grounded in the study of anatomy and physiology
- Uses muscles as monitors of stress and imbalance within the body
- Enables people to detect and correct various imbalances that may relate to stress, nutrition, learning problems, minor injuries, and other issues they meet in their daily life
- Is a tool which provides student centred learning that allows you to enhance performance in every aspect of your life
- Is aimed at helping you learn and grow as a person so that you may embrace life to the fullest
- Can enhance learning in adults and children
- Boosts sports performance
- Can make positive changes to your health
- Helps you to determine outside influences (ie. food or body care products) that trigger allergic or sensitive reactions
- Can help you with your finances and decision-making
- Can help you communicate better with yourself and others
- Accesses information often not available to the conscious mind through muscle monitoring
What to expect from a kinesiology session?
In your initial consultation, a case history is taken to establish the primary issues you wish to resolve and what you hope to achieve. Kinesiology sessions are conducted fully clothed, lying face up on a massage table. Muscle testing is used to identify the nature of the underlying stress and which techniques are required to bring the body to a state of balance and harmony. A combination of Eastern & Western techniques are used, including:
- Emotional stress release
- Muscle correction techniques
- Time regression techniques
- Lymph and blood reflexes
- Chinese medicine psychology
- Chakra and meridian balancing
- Vibrational therapy (sound & colour)
- Flower essences
How does kinesiology work?
Kinesiology recognises that there are flows of energy within the body that relate not only to the muscles but to every tissue and organ that go to make the body a living, feeling being. These energy flows can be evaluated by testing the function of the muscles, which in turn reflect the bodys overall state of structural chemical, or emotional balance. In this way, Kinesiology taps into energies that other modalities do not assess. Kinesiology looks beyond the symptoms. Kinesiology does not treat named diseases, nor does it diagnose them; it is not limited to dealing with ailments. Kinesiology is concerned primarily with imbalances in the bodys energy. In this respect, Kinesiology has close links with the acupuncture concept of energy flow. Energy balancing brings a person closer to achieving any goal of their choice, in sport, relationships, learning or coping with life in general.
Why muscle testing?
Muscle testing is applied to identify and correct energy blockages within the body, and provides natural feedback which receives information via nerve pathways and the meridian system of the brain and body. Kinesiology bypasses conscious thinking processes to isolate casual factors in ones being, whether emotional, psychological, in the subconscious, in the body or other levels such as emotional or spiritual. Honouring this system enables the body to clear itself at its own enhanced rate and priority. Kinesiology is a non-invasive method, using precision muscle feedback and body awareness that can help you to reduce stress and pain and improve performance at school, work and home. Kinesiology can also help you:
- Experience a deep sense of peace
- Move through life changes with ease
- Free your creative expression
- Find purpose and direction
- Reconnect to your passion and joy
- Improve memory and concentration
- Prepare you for interviews, auditions, exams, public speaking or performances
- Clear blocks and self-sabotaging mechanisms that prevent you from fulfilling your potential in any area of life